Terms & Conditions
April 12, 2023
This user agreement is between you and Synergy Inmate Phone Solutions d/b/a Synergy Technology Solutions, and governs your use of SynergyDeposits services and applications, including the SynergyDeposits website operating at SynergyDeposits.ca.
You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this user agreement, as well as other policies which are linked via the footer of SynergyDeposits.ca.
We may occasionally revise this user agreement and any polices listed above. The revised version is effective as of the date posted, unless we note otherwise in the policy itself. We reserve the right to amend these agreements without notice, subject to applicable law. By continuing to use our services after any changes, you agree to abide and be bound by those changes. If you do not agree, you may ceaseusing our services.
Opening an Account
By using our services, you can send funds using payment processing services such as Paysafecash and Interac, to inmates housed in certain Correctional Centres in Canada.
Each time you wish to use our services, you will need to provide information about yourself in order to perform the transaction. You must provide accurate and truthfulinformation about yourself to use our services. You must also be 18 years of age or older, and an authorized individual to use the funds you wish to send using our services. We only allow funds to be used with our service from personal banking accounts, and not those of businesses.
Closing your Account
Since we do not collect password or login information, there is no account for you toclose. If you wish to stop using our services, you simply need to cease using them. If you previously opted to receive our marketing emails, each of those emails will contain an unsubscribe link which you can use to remove yourself from the marketing list.
Sending Funds to Inmates in Canada
You may attempt to send funds to inmates at any Canada Correctional Centre that we support by following the process outlined below. This process is accessed by selecting “Send Cash Now” on the Top and Bottom of webpages at SynergyDeposits.ca
- Select the Province/Territory and Facility which houses the inmate you wish to send funds to.
- Enter the Inmates' Offender ID, as issued to them by the Correctional Centre.
- Enter the amount of cash, in Canadian Dollars, you wish to send the inmate.
- When you Continue to the next screen we will attempt to locate the inmate based on the information you provided. If we are able to locate the inmate, we will display their abbreviated name on the next screen, this assures that we have located the correct inmate. You must assure that the correct inmateis selected.
- If we are unable to locate the inmate, this indicates that we either do not support deposits to the facility you have selected, or we are unable to provide deposit services for the inmate you have entered, or you have entered incorrect inmate information.
- You may select to send your funds using either of our payment partners: Paypal, or Interac. If either or both options is unavailable this indicates a temporary disruption in our ability to transact with that partner, and you may try again later.
- We will display the fees related to your selected payment partner on this screen. These fees may be assessed by us, or our payment partner. The fees displayed are accurate as of the time this page is displayed and may not be the fees you pay depending on when you finalize your transaction.
- On the 3rd screen you will need to enter accurate and truthful information about yourself. This information is necessary so we can properly associate the transaction with you, send and display status updates for you, as well as provide a refund if the transaction is not accepted by the Correctional Centre for the circumstances described later.
After completing the information and selecting the Continue button you will be taken to the payment partner to complete your transaction. If you do not complete the checkout process thru our payment partner, your funds will not be sent, and your transaction with us will be cancelled.
i. In order to approve the Interac Transfer you will be taken to Interac to provide your banking details. These details are collected directly and processed by Interac, and we have no visibility to these details.
ii. After you approve the transaction you will be taken back to SynergyDeposits to display your final transaction record.
i. You will be taken to the Paypal checkout flow, where you will need to login to your Paypal account, confirm the payment method, and completed the Paypal checkout process.
iv. After you complete the Paypal transaction you will be taken back to SynergyDeposits to display your final transaction record.
- The final transaction record will display all the details associated with your deposit. You should save this information, and we will also email you a copy of it.
Checking Payment Status
- When the status of your transaction changes, we will email you an update to the email address you provided during the checkout process.
- You may also visit SynergyDeposits.ca and click on “Transfer Status”, or click the Transaction Status link in your transaction confirmation email, to get an up-to-date status on your transaction.
- We may ask verification information regarding your transaction before displaying transfer status.
Returned Transactions and Refunds
- Once you complete the transaction and approve the Interac transfer, or complete Paypal checkout, the transaction is final and cannot be withdrawn.
- Once finalized, the details of your transaction are provided to Correctional Centre personnel who will verify that the inmate is housed in the facility, and that the inmate is authorized to receive trust deposits. Once these checks are completed the funds will be made available to the inmate in their Trust account.
- Correctional Centre verification varies by facility and can take up to 4 business days. Some Centres do not process transactions on weekends or holidays, and some do. We will email you status updates as your transaction moves thorough the verification process, including a final email when funds are provided to the inmate.
- If your funds are refused, or not accepted by the Correctional Centre within 7 business days, then we will email you of this status. We will issue you a refund by a method determined by your selected original payment method. If you selected Interac Online, refunds are typically made by Interac to the original funding account. If you selected Paypal, the refund will be processed back to your Paypal account. If the refund fails for technical or other reasons, we will refund by cheque by mail within 7 business days thereafter. Please allow an additional 7 days for the cheque to arrive in the mail. We will send the cheque to the address you provided during the original transaction. If a transaction is delayed longer than 7 days or refused by the facility, we may also contact you via email or phone to confirm if you would like a refund or to send the funds to another inmate. This option may or may not be available to you.
- We may use information we know about you, or an inmate, to determine the eligibility of the transaction. If we determine that the transfer is not allowed, we will inform you during the checkout process. While we strive to perform this check prior to you funding the transaction, it is possible we must refuse a transaction after accepting funds. If this happens we will issue you a refund per the Refunds policy below.
- We review transaction activity at various times. These reviews check for suspicious or illegal activity, if your activity complies with this agreement, in addition to other things. In connection with this process, we may require you to provide us with additional information or documentation to verify your identity. We may limit your ability to use our services until such verification is provided. We may hold pending transactions, or refund pending transactions, as determined by us, based on this review process.
- Based on our review, or other factors, we may block you from performing additional transactions, delay your transactions, reverse payment transactions, or seize payments to comply with a court order, warrant, or other legal process.
- We may take the actions listed above if you knowingly or unknowingly were a participant in a payment that was made from a compromised bank account, structured to avoid anti-money laundering regulations, made using stolen funds, transacted with the intent of breaking the law, this agreement or Other Agreements as listed under “Other Agreements”
- When a refund is necessary, we will refund the full amount, minus any processing fees we incured during the transaction.
- We will issue you a refund by a method determined by your selected original payment method. If you selected Interac Online, refunds are typically made by Interac to the original funding account. If you selected Paypal, the refund will be processed back to your Paypal account.
- If the refund fails for technical or other reasons, we will refund by cheque by mail within 7 business days thereafter.
- Refunds are made in Canadian Dollars and sent to the address you provide during the checkout process.
- Refund cheques may expire, if so, the expiration will be listed on the cheque.
- If the refund check is returned to us as undeliverable by the Postal Service, we may attempt to contact you one additional time via email. If we are still unable to return the funds to you, we will draw down the refund amount in full. If we have not heard from you 30 days after receiving the returned check, the funds will be unavailable for refund.
- There may be additional agreements and policies you must comply with in order to utilize our services, these may or may not be limited to the Policies of Interac, Paypal, the policies and rules of the Correctional Center housing the inmate you are transacting with, and the laws of the United States or Canada.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to applicable law, in no event shall Synergy Technology Solutions be liable for damages of any kind including, without limitation, any direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, any loss or damages arising from your use of, reliance upon, or inability to use the SynergyDeposits website, regardless of the cause. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if Synergy Technology Solutions knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
The SynergyDeposits website is provided “as is”. While Synergy Technology Solutions endeavors to provide content that is accurate and services that are timely, no representations or warranties are made regarding the website including, without limitation, no representation or warranty that (i) the website content will be accurate, complete, current, timely or suitable for any particular purpose, (ii) that the operation of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or (iii) that communications to or from the website will be secure and/or not intercepted. You acknowledge and agree that you are using the website at your own risk and liability.